Sunday, June 25, 2006

IMBB #27 + SHF #20: The Joy of Soy

This month sees Is My Blog Burning? and Sugar High Friday join forces. Hosted by Reid of 'Ono Kine Grindz the theme is The Joy of Soy.

This had me flummoxed for a while - let's say I'm not a huge fan of soy, sorry but dairy wins the day with me. Then Paalo helpfully reminded me that I did indeed enjoy tofu in miso. That would give me a savoury dish but what about sweet? Since I was going to use tofu I decided on using it as the base of my sweet dish - and this is what I came up with.

soy

Miso soup with Silken Tofu, Shiitake Mushrooms and Spring Onions
and
Blueberry, Honey & Silken Tofu Whip

2 comments

  1. I love the simple flavours of miso soup. Great blog you have here, I was scrolling down the entries to get to this post and drooling over the pixs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Boo - thanks so much for the lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete

© Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig